For any transaction, the timescales are subject to change depending on when your offer is accepted and other factors involved, such as:
- Number of parties in the chain
- Whether the buyer has a mortgage in place
- Whether the buyer requests a lease extension for a leasehold property
- Whether the searches flag up any issues
- Whether the buyer’s Survey shows up any issues
- The number and nature of the buyer’s Enquiries
A typical transaction will take between 10-14 weeks. However, if any of the above apply or there are other factors we need to take into consideration, it may increase the time by a further 4-6 weeks and additional charges may occur. We will discuss this with you at the earliest opportunity, so you always have a clear picture of how long things are likely to take.
Problems you might face
Buying or selling a house can be a frustrating process, and there could be problems along the way. They could include:
- The other party may threaten to drop out.
- Unhelpful third party or delays in response times.
- Being gazumped.
- Managing the project in a chain of sales and purchases.
- Problems found during a survey.
- Difficulty in getting a mortgage.
- Problems with legal rights relating to the property.
Whatever problems you might face, we successfully help people buy, sell and re-mortgage their homes and properties all over the country. We know how to deal and resolve any issues that may arise during the transaction. We keep you informed and notify you straight away if any problems arise.